Quotation letter is the most common and used letter in business organization. So, detail discussion about quotation letter with quotation letter definition and quotation letter sample / quotation letter format / quotation letter example / quotation letter template are given below.
Quotation letter definition
A quotation is a specific offer for sale. It is sent in response to an inquiry from a particular person or business house. Thus it is a reply message to an inquiry from potential buyer. A quotation includes details about the prices of specific goods selected, terms of payment and conditions of delivery, while writing such letter, seller should clearly state everything as inquired by the buyer. The letter must be written to the point with conciseness and complete tone. Seller must have intention to create goodwill through such letter which will establish business relation.
Whether the seller wants to impose any terms should be solicited by
Quotation Letter Sample
An inquiry letter written to a firm for price of mobile sets.
Help line communication
1st August, 04
Ref; An inquiry for price of Mobile sets
Would you kindly give us detailed information about the “Nokia 2100” mobile sets recently advertised by you in the “Daily Star.” we are impressed by the description of the respective mobile set as advertised by you and expected to purchase if terms and conditions are found to be suitable. Our annual requirement of such set is around twenty-five thousand (25,000) pieces.
As we handle a lot of mobile sets each year, we hope and trust you will quote the most favorable prices and terms.
M. A. Karim
An image of quotation letter sample given above from which one can get idea about structure of quotation letter sample.
Quotation Letter Format
Reply to the prior inquiry i.e. providing Quotation.
Tele Communication Ltd.
10th August, 04
Ref: Terms and Quotations for Nokia “2100”
Thank for yours inquiry of 1st August, 04. We are glad to enclose the following quotations of “Nokia-2100”.
Set Model Battery Price per unit Warranty
Our normal trade discount is 15% for ten (10) days and 5% extra if order is made for more than 5,000 pieces at a time. We do supply to our customers’ door through our own care.
Our Mobile is originally imported with intact packing and we provide guarantee for our mobile set for three (3) years.
If you need any further details to meet your customer’s requirements, you should feel free to write to us.
Quotation Letter Example
From the previous letter you already received quotations and terms for “Nokia 2100” set but you need the terms and conditions to be more flexible as other Competitors are ready to provide, write a letter asking them to offer you the better one.
Help Line Communication
15th August, 04
Ref; Asking for favorable terms.
Thanks for your letter of 10th August, 04 along with quotations and terms.
We are ready to accept the quotations as you provided but the terms of trade as you mentioned is still more than the other valued competitors offering in the market. It would be competitive and justifiable if you allow us 20% Trade Discount for fifteen (15) days. As we will order more than 5000 pieces at a time, you could be able to enjoy a better return on the basis of terms we mentioned above.
We need “Nokia 2100” on an urgent basis and hence we look forward to getting a prompt reply from you.
Quotation Letter Template
Reply to the prior letter given in Example-3.
25th Aug, 2004
Manager Purchase Division
Ref: Reply to the letter dated 15th August 2004
Many thanks for letter of 1st August, 2004. We really appreciate your interest in our merchandise “NOKIA 2100” and your expectation to order for them.
May we point out to you that our terms and conditions that were offered are the most competitive one in the current market scenario. Our product is up to the mark and can ensure a better and quality service than others. The so called terms and conditions for trade offered by us made in such a way which will leave us only a slight margin of profit.
However, we shall be pleased to allow you the 20% trade discount for fifteen (15) days if you can raise your order to 10,000 pieces at a time.
We are waiting for your confirmation and hope that we can keep our commitment by providing the quality goods in time.
Related Content of Letter Writing:
- Order Letter Sample and Order Confirmation Letter Sample
- Order Cancellation Letter Sample / Example / Format / Template
- Complaint Letter Definition and Meaning
- Collection Letter Definition and Meaning
- Importance of Collection Letter or Dunning Letter
- Adjustment Letter Definition and Meaning
- Factors to be considered in drafting Adjustment Letter
- How to Write a Complaint Letter Against a Goods or Service
- Status Inquiry Letter Sample for Effective Communication
- Order Refusal Letter Sample
- Letter of Credit Sample with its Definition
- Objective of Circular Letter and Factors for Drafting Circular Letter
- Definition of Status Inquiry Letter
- Definition of Order Confirmation Letter and Order Letter
- Introduction Letter Sample with its Definition and Importance
- Difference Between Letter of Recommendation and Letter of Introduction
- Different Methods or Stages of Collection Letter
- Difference between Circular Letter and Business Circular Letter
- Difference Between Circular Letter and Advertisement
- Definition, Forms and Content of Inquiry Letter
- Circular Letter Sample for Effective Business Promotion
- Promotion Letter sample with its Definition
- Recommendation Letter definition and Importance of Recommendation Letters
- How to Write Recommendation Letter for Effective Result
- Definition of Order Cancellation Letter
- Adjustment letter sample, example, template and format
- Complaint Letter Sample, example, template and format
- Circular Letter Definition
- Characteristics and Features of Circular Letter
- Necessity or Importance of Circular Letter
- Letter of Resignation sample, template, example and format
- Termination Letter sample, example, template, and format
- Dunning / Collection Letter Sample / Template / Example / Format