Now a days letter of recommendation or recommendation letter has a large number of use for the purpose of employment. Here we described about recommendation letter definition and importance of recommendation letters to make the concept clear.
Recommendation letter definition
A recommendation letter acts as a spokesman.
It basically highlights, about the strength of an applicant or employee. It is a letter written by referee (Third party) as request may be made by the applicant itself or by the prospective employer. Such letter deals generally with the following details:
- Period of employment;
- Qualification of the employee or applicant;
- Employee’s competence, attitude, enthusiasm and loyalty;
- Anything special about the employee.
Thus, a letter written to favor an applicant or employee where request is made by the applicant or the prospective employer can be termed as recommendation letter.
Necessity/Objectives / Importance of Recommendation Letter
In personal, social and business life, recommendation letter has important contribution. The person or organization who lacks opportunity, wants recommendation to serve interest. so, such a letter is significant and the objectives behind drafting such letter are described below:
- Business Advantage: Such letter helps the bearer to enjoy advantages from a third party. Such advantages may be financial or non financial related to business.
- Increase solvency: When a person is involved with business he can earn his bread and can remove insolvency.
- Better standard of living: Through business activities, one can earn more and can have a better standard of living than before.
- Employment: A person who was unemployed can be able to get new employment in favor of recommendation letter.
- Purchasing power: A new job obviously creates purchasing power which helps to solve economic problems.
- Mutual Cooperation: A recommendation letter helps to develop mutual cooperation between the parties such as writer, bearer and receiver.
- Social Advantage: Through recommendation letter, rich people get the opportunity to contribute for the society. As a result social chain builds up.
- Business Expansion: There is expansion of business activities because of letter of recommendation. Such letter opens the door for knowing each other and helps in developing relation.
The above objectives are rightly served through letter of recommendation which helps to develop personal, social and business chain.
Related Content of Letter Writing:
- Order Letter Sample and Order Confirmation Letter Sample
- Order Cancellation Letter Sample / Example / Format / Template
- Complaint Letter Definition and Meaning
- Collection Letter Definition and Meaning
- Importance of Collection Letter or Dunning Letter
- Adjustment Letter Definition and Meaning
- Factors to be considered in drafting Adjustment Letter
- How to Write a Complaint Letter Against a Goods or Service
- Status Inquiry Letter Sample for Effective Communication
- Order Refusal Letter Sample
- Letter of Credit Sample with its Definition
- Objective of Circular Letter and Factors for Drafting Circular Letter
- Definition of Status Inquiry Letter
- Definition of Order Confirmation Letter and Order Letter
- Introduction Letter Sample with its Definition and Importance
- Difference Between Letter of Recommendation and Letter of Introduction
- Different Methods or Stages of Collection Letter
- Difference between Circular Letter and Business Circular Letter
- Difference Between Circular Letter and Advertisement
- Definition, Forms and Content of Inquiry Letter
- Circular Letter Sample for Effective Business Promotion
- Promotion Letter sample with its Definition
- How to Write Recommendation Letter for Effective Result
- Definition of Order Cancellation Letter
- Adjustment letter sample, example, template and format
- Complaint Letter Sample, example, template and format
- Circular Letter Definition
- Characteristics and Features of Circular Letter
- Necessity or Importance of Circular Letter
- Letter of Resignation sample, template, example and format
- Termination Letter sample, example, template, and format
- Quotation Letter Sample / Format / Example / Template
- Dunning / Collection Letter Sample / Template / Example / Format