Nowadays a letter of recommendation or recommendation letter has a large number of users for the purpose of employment. Here we described recommendation letter definition and importance of recommendation letters to make the concept clear.
Recommendation letter definition
A recommendation letter acts as a spokesman.
It basically highlights, about the strength of an applicant or employee. It is a letter written by the referee (Third-party) as the request may be made by the applicant itself or by the prospective employer. Such letter deals generally with the following details:
- Period of employment;
- Qualification of the employee or applicant;
- Employee’s competence, attitude, enthusiasm, and loyalty;
- Anything special about the employee.
Thus, a letter written to favor an applicant or employee where the request is made by the applicant or the prospective employer can be termed as a recommendation letter.
Necessity/Objectives / Importance of Recommendation Letter
In personal, social and business life, a recommendation letter has an important contribution. The person or organization who lacks opportunity, wants recommendation to serve the interest. so, such a letter is significant and the objectives behind drafting such letter are described below:
- Business Advantage: Such a letter helps the bearer to enjoy advantages from a third party. Such advantages may be financial or nonfinancial related to business.
- Increase solvency: When a person is involved with the business he can earn his bread and can remove insolvency.
- Better standard of living: Through business activities, one can earn more and can have a better standard of living than before.
- Employment: A person who was unemployed can be able to get new employment in favor of a recommendation letter.
- Purchasing power: A new job obviously creates purchasing power which helps to solve economic problems.
- Mutual Cooperation: A recommendation letter helps to develop mutual cooperation between the parties such as writer, bearer, and receiver.
- Social Advantage: Through recommendation letters, rich people get the opportunity to contribute to society. As a result social chain builds up.
- Business Expansion: There is an expansion of business activities because of the letter of recommendation. Such a letter opens the door to knowing each other and helps in developing relationships.
The above objectives are rightly served through a letter of recommendation which helps to develop personal, social and business chains.
Related Content of Letter Writing:
- Order Letter Sample And Order Confirmation Letter Sample
- Order Cancellation Letter Sample / Example / Format / Template
- Complaint Letter Definition and Meaning
- Collection Letter Definition and Meaning
- Importance of Collection Letter or Dunning Letter
- Adjustment Letter Definition and Meaning
- Factors to be considered in drafting Adjustment Letter
- How to Write a Complaint Letter Against a Goods or Service
- Status Inquiry Letter Sample for Effective Communication
- Order Refusal Letter Sample
- Letter of Credit Sample with its Definition
- The objective of Circular Letter and Factors for Drafting Circular Letter
- Definition of Status Inquiry Letter
- Definition of Order Confirmation Letter and Order Letter
- Introduction Letter Sample with its Definition and Importance
- Difference Between Letter of Recommendation and Letter of Introduction
- Different Methods or Stages of Collection Letter
- Difference between Circular Letter and Business Circular Letter
- Difference Between Circular Letter and Advertisement
- Definition, Forms, and Content of Inquiry Letter
- Circular Letter Sample for Effective Business Promotion
- Promotion Letter sample with its Definition
- How to Write a Recommendation Letter for Effective Result
- Definition of Order Cancellation Letter
- Adjustment letter sample, example, template, and format
- Complaint Letter Sample, example, template, and format
- Circular Letter Definition
- Characteristics and Features of Circular Letter
- Necessity or Importance of Circular Letter
- Letter of Resignation sample, template, example, and format
- Termination Letter Sample, example, template, and format
- Quotation Letter Sample / Format / Example / Template
- Dunning / Collection Letter Sample / Template / Example / Format