In the modern world mass communication has got huge popularity. Here are briefly discuss the mass communication industry. The following are the entities that work for the progress of such industries:
Mass Communication Industry
1. Press Association: The press association collects news on the running and current affairs and distributes them to the newspaper office and other media like radio, television, etc. for publicity.
Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha (BSS) and Eastern News Agency (ENA) are two (2) such agencies that provide such functions. Some popular agencies are Reuters, PTI, AFP, AP, UNI, etc.
2. Advertising Agencies: Such agencies provide their services on a contract basis. They make every arrangement to collect and distribute information. They have close contact with various media to provide a better output.
3. Public Relations Department: Organizations of large scale have their own public relations department. Such a department circulates messages like objectives, ideas, principles, policies, etc. of the respective organization to the internal members as well as external members of the society.
4. Syndicates: The Syndicate of reporters plays a significant role in mass communication. They collect and supply news, image, photo, features, reports, commentary, etc.: to the mass media like radio, television, newspapers, periodicals, etc. for circulating them to mass people.
5. Publication House: Such house-made publication on academic, cultural, social, and biographical issues and helps to raise knowledge of general people.
6. Theatre Group: Such a group performs drama on various issues related to human life. They provide entertainment as well as a productive lesson to mass people.
7. Film or Movie Industry: Such an industry produces movies to entertain people as well as to provide constructive lessons regarding social affairs. Such industry has the role to make people conscious about individual, cultural and social responsibility.
8. Public Information Ministry: Such ministry provides valuable service as an agent of mass communication. It formulates regulations and guidelines for the movement of information in any country.
All parties related to newspapers, radio, television, and other media are bound to comply with its policies and procedure.
9. Research Group or Institute: These sections verify the results of mass communication and provide necessary advice to their respective client to make mass communication more effective.
10. Others: Novel writers and playwrights, Public relations counseling firm, Internment service providers (ISP); Forum, Association, and Department.
Related Content of Types of Communication: