In modern world mass communication has got huge popularity. Here are brief discuss about mass communication industry. The following are the entities which work for the progress of such industries:
Mass Communication Industry
- Press Association: The press association collects news on the running and current affairs and distribute them to news paper office and other media like radio, television etc. for publicity. Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha (BSS) and Eastern News Agency (ENA) are two (2) such agencies which provide such functions. Some popular agencies are Reuters, PTI, AFP, AP, UNI etc.
- Advertising Agencies: Such agencies provide their services on Contract basis. They make every arrangement to collect and distribute information. They have close contact with various media to provide a better output.
- Public Relations Department: Organizations of large scale have their own public relations department. Such department circulates message like objectives, ideas, principles, policies etc of the respective organization to the internal members as well as external members of the society.
- Syndicates: The Syndicate of reporters play significant role in mass communication. They collect and supply news, image, photo, features, reports, commentary etc: to the mass media like radio, television, news papers, periodicals etc. for circulating them to mass people.
- Publication House: Such house made publication on academic, cultural, social and biographical issues and helps to raise knowledge of general people.
- Theatre Group: Such group performs drama on various issues related to human life. They provide entertainment as well as productive lesson to mass people.
- Film or Movie Industry: Such industry produces movies to entertain people as well as to provide constructive lesson regarding social affairs. Such industry has the role to make people conscious about individual, cultural and social responsibility.
- Public Information Ministry: Such ministry provides valuable service as an agent of mass communication. It formulates regulations and guidelines for the movement of information in any country. All parties related to newspaper, radio, television and other media are bound to comply with its policies and procedure.
- Research Group or Institute: These sections verify the results of mass communication and provide necessary advice to their respective client to make mass communication more effective.
- Others: Novel writers and playwright, Public relation counseling firm, Interment service providers (ISP); Forum, Association and Department.
Related Content of Types of Communication: