Visual communication is most important term in business communication. There are various types of visual communication. and every one should know about those types of visual communication to make visual communication effective and meaningful.
During visual communication, various techniques are used to present the information. Such techniques are described below:
Types of Visual Communication
1. Chart: Charts are used extensively by engineers, scientists and technical experts to covey any information at a glance.
The above bar chart showing sales in respect of various years.
2. Graphs: of Graphs are used to support any explanation and to clarify the meaning of written communication. It also creates and holds interest among the audience.
The above pie chart showing contribution of various taxes to the National Income.
3. Posters: Posters provide message or any information to general people in terms of facts, figures and photographs. It is used for advertising or for Organizational or political issues.
The above graph shows the relationship between demand and price
4. Map: Map helps to identify or locate any location, place, object so that we can gain advantage to understand any situation or environment.
The above graph shows income to responding to various years.
5. Posters: Posters provide message or any information to general people in terms of facts, figures and photographs. It is used for advertising or for organizational or political issues.
The poster clarify regarding big sale at Lexmart shop.
6. Map: Map helps to identify or locate any location, place, object, so that we can gain advantages to understand a situation or environment.
The above road map shows the location of specific sites.
7. Other visual tools: Flip chart, chalk board, marker board, overhead Projectors, cartoons etc. also are used for visual communication.
Related Content of Non-Verbal Communication: