Drafting a report is a complex task, therefore, requires certain principles/qualities of a good report to be followed to write an effective report which is such as:
Qualities of a Good Report
1. Clear objective: The objective of the report must be properly defined.
2. Proper rule following: Specific rules suitable for specific types of reports should be followed.
3. Easy language: The report should be drafted maintaining the simple and familiar language.
4. Provide accurate information: There should be a presentation of accurate and proper information in the report.
5. Proper planning: Proper planning should be made regarding the structure, system, content, and style of the report.
6. Clear content of report: The content of the report must be in detail to provide a clear idea. There should be statistical analysis, table presentation, graphs, pictures, and others to be included in a report if necessary.
7. Attract audience: The report must be neat and clean to make it attractive to the audience.
8. Based on actual facts: The report must be neutral and based on actual facts.
9. Proper starting: There should be a proper heading of the report in compliance with the subject matter stated in the report.
10. Proper place of signature and date: The signature of the reporter and the date of drafting the report should be placed in the right place of the report.
The above principles if followed then there will be a preparation of a good report. And a good report is helpful in making a decision.
Related Content of Report Writing:
- Definition of Graphical Representation of Report
- An Effective Structure of a Market Report
- Definition and Uses of Formal Reports
- Internal Report Template
- Informal Report Example for Business
- Difference Between Formal and Informal Reports
- Importance of Market Report for Market Research
- Principles of a Market Report for Market Research
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Graphical Representation of Data
- Difference Between Informational Report and Analytical Report
- Importance of Market Report for Marketing of Agricultural Product
- Types of Market Report
- Structure of a Report and Sample Report in Letter Format
- Market Research Report Template, Sample, Example, and Format
- Market Report Definition
- Essential Features of a Market Report
- Annual Report Template, Sample, Example, and Format
- Internal Control Questionnaire to Evaluate Internal Control Structure
- Formal Report Example / Format / Template / Sample
- How to Write an Informal Report Step by Step
- How to Write a Formal Report Effectively
- Steps to Write a Report Effectively
- Effective Business Report Writing Methods
- Purposes / Objectives / Significance / Importance of Report
- Parts of Informal Report