The report plays an important role in decision-making in an organization. And such importance of a report can be understood through the following discussions:
Importance of report
1. Decision-Making Tool
Today’s complex business organizations require thousands of information. Reports provide the required information a large number of important decisions in business or any other area are taken on the basis of the information presented in the reports. This is one of the great importance of a report.
Whenever there is any problem, a committee or commission or study group investigates the problem to find out the reason behind the problem and present the findings with or without the recommendation in the form of a report. It is another importance of the report.
Large-scale organizations are engaged in multidimensional activities. It is not possible for a single top executive to keep a personal watch on what others are doing. So, the executive depends on reports to evaluate the performance of various departments or units.
4. Quick Location
There is no denying the fact that business executives need information for quick decision-making. As top executives are found to be busy for various purposes), they need vital sources of information. Such sources can be business reports.
5. Development of skill
Report writing skill develops the power of designing, organization coordination, judgment, and communication.
6. Neutral presentation of facts
Facts are required to be presented in a neutral way; such presentation is ensured through a report as it investigates, explains, and evaluates any facts independently.
7. Professional Advancement
The report also plays a major role in professional achievement. For promotion to the rank and file position, satisfactory job performance is enough to help a person. But for promotion to a high-level position, intellectual ability is highly required. Such ability can be expressed through the report submitted to a higher authority.
8. Proper Control
Whether activities are happening according to plan or not is expressed through a report. So, controlling activities are implemented based on the information from a report.
9. A managerial Tool
Various reports make activities easy for managers. For planning, organizing, coordinating, motivating, and controlling, the manager needs help from a report which acts as a source of information.
10. Encountering Advance and Complex Situation
In a large business organization, there is always some sort of labor problems that may bring complex situations. To tackle that situation, managers take the help of a report.
The discussions mentioned above justify the importance of reports for a business organization. If you have any other opinion please feel free to comment below.
Related Content of Report Writing:
- Definition of Graphical Representation of Report
- An Effective Structure of a Market Report
- Definition and Uses of Formal Reports
- Internal Report Template
- Informal Report Example for Business
- Difference Between Formal and Informal Reports
- Importance of Market Report for Market Research
- Principles of a Market Report for Market Research
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Graphical Representation of Data
- Difference Between Informational Report and Analytical Report
- Importance of Market Report for Marketing of Agricultural Product
- Types of Market Report
- Structure of a Report and Sample Report in Letter Format
- Market Research Report Template, Sample, Example, and Format
- Market Report Definition
- Essential Features of a Market Report
- Annual Report Template, Sample, Example, and Format
- Internal Control Questionnaire to Evaluate Internal Control Structure
- Formal Report Example / Format / Template / Sample
- How to Write an Informal Report Step by Step
- How to Write a Formal Report Effectively
- Steps to Write a Report Effectively
- Effective Business Report Writing Methods
- Principles / Qualities of a Good Report
- Parts of Informal Report