Graphical view is vastly used in every type of data or report. It make a data more easier to understand also it has lot more advantages like this. But it also has some disadvantages so for that reason we are giving here some advantages and disadvantages of graphical representation of data.
Every one should know this advantages and disadvantages of graphical representation of data because some people are not aware about disadvantages of graphical representation of data. This article will clear the concept of those people.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Graphical Representation of Data
Advantages of Graphical Representation of Data
Graphical representation of reports enjoys various advantages which are as follows:
- Acceptability: Such report is acceptable to the busy persons because it easily highlights about the theme of the report. This helps to avoid wastage of time.
- Comparative Analysis: Information can be compared interms of graphical representation. Such comparative analysis helps for quick understanding and attention.
- Less cost: Information if descriptive involves huge time to present properly. It involves more money to print the information but graphical presentation can be made in short but catchy view to make the report understandable. It obviously involves less cost.
- Decision Making: Business executives can view the graphs at a glance and can make decision very quickly which is hardly possible through descriptive report.
- Logical Ideas: If tables, design and graphs are used to represent information then a logical sequence is created to clear the idea of the audience.
- Helpful for less literate Audience: Less literate or illiterate people can understand graphical representation easily because it does not involve going through line by line of any descriptive report.
- Less Effort and Time: To present any table, design, image or graphs require less effort and time. Furthermore, such presentation makes quick understanding of the information.
- Less Error and Mistakes: Qualitative or informative or descriptive reports involve errors or mistakes. As graphical representations are exhibited through numerical figures, tables or graphs, it usually involves less error and mistake.
- A complete Idea: Such representation creates clear and complete idea in the mind of audience. Reading hundred pages may not give any scope to make decision. But an instant view or looking at a glance obviously makes an impression in the mind of audience regarding the topic or subject.
- Use in the Notice Board: Such representation can be hanged in the notice board to quickly raise the attention of employees in any organization.
Disadvantages of Graphical Representation of Data
Graphical representation of reports is not free from limitations. The following are the problems of graphical representation of data or reports:
- Costly: Graphical representation pf reports are costly because it involves images, colors and paints. Combination of material with human efforts makes the graphical presentation expensive.
- More time: Normal report involves less time to represent but graphical representation involves more time as it requires graphs and figures which are dependent to more time.
- Errors and Mistakes: Since graphical representations are complex, there is- each and every chance of errors and mistake. This causes problems for better understanding to general people.
- Lack of Secrecy: Graphical representation makes full presentation of information which may hamper the objective to keep something secret.
- Problems to select the suitable method: Information can be presented through various graphical methods and ways. Which should be the suitable method is very hard to select.
- Problem of Understanding: All may not be able to get the meaning of graphical representation because it involves various technical matters which are complex to general people.
Last of all it can be said that graphical representation does not provide proper information to general people.
Related Content of Report Writing:
- Definition of Graphical Representation of Report
- A Effective Structure of a Market Report
- Definition and Uses of Formal Reports
- Internal Report Template
- Informal Report Example for Business
- Difference Between Formal and Informal Reports
- Importance of Market Report for Market Research
- Principles of a Market Report for Market Research
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Graphical Representation of Data
- Difference Between Informational Report and Analytical Report
- Importance of Market Report for Marketing of Agricultural Product
- Types of Market Report
- Structure of a Report and Sample Report in Letter Format
- Market Research Report Template, Sample, Example and Format
- Market Report Definition
- Essential Features of a Market Report
- Annual Report Template, Sample, Example and Format
- Internal Control Questionnaire to Evaluate Internal Control Structure
- Formal Report example / Format / Template / Sample
- Parts of Informal Report
- How to Write an Informal Report Step by Step
- How to Write a Formal Report Effectively
- Steps to Write a Report Effectively
- Effective Business Report Writing Methods
- Purposes / Objectives / Significance / Importance of Report
- Principles / Qualities of a Good Report