A market report describes a product in terms of demand, supply, price, and nature of the transaction. According to a product or service, there are various types of market report. Furthermore, the length-size, drafting method, subject matter, utility cause changes in the market report.
Types of Market Report
The classification of the market report is presented below through a diagram.
1. Service-based market Report
Transactions related to various service providers such as Bank, Insurance, water supply authority, T & T authority, etc. provide the basis for the preparation of such a report.
2. Product-based Market Report
It is of two types:
2.1 Market Report for a consumer product: Data related to consumer Products are presented in such a report. Here demand & supply, price, nature of the transaction, stock level, market trend, etc. of consumer products are described to notify the scenario to the readers. Rice, vegetables, and another day to day consumable goods. It can be an example of a consumer product.
2.2 Market Report for Industrial product: Product used and produced by the industry is reported on such a report. Here, Demand & supply, price, nature of the transaction, Stock level, market trend, etc. of an industrial product is highlighted, e.g. Chemicals and machinery can be the best example for industrial product.
3. Organization based market report
Here the report is prepared for taking the product or service of an organization as a subject matter. It can be two types:
3.1 Report on Money Market: Here, the Demand & supply of a specific currency, exchange rate of such currency, the effect of Bank rate, and the interest rate on such currency are represented.
3.2Report on share market: Transaction regarding any share market provides the basis for such a report, e.g. Report on Dhaka Stock Exchange, Tokyo Stock Exchange, London Stock Exchange, etc.
4. Time-based Market Report
The following are the various types of the time-based market report:
4.1 Daily: Report based on day to day operation is the subject matter of daily report, Report on perishable goods is subject to daily report.
4.2 Weekly: Report based on the activities or transactions of the whole week calls for weekly reports.
4.3 Fortnightly: Report based on the activities or transaction of fifteen (15) days calls for the fortnightly report.
4.4 Monthly: Such a report provides information for a whole month regarding any product of an organization or entity. Here the beginning price, closing price, highest price, and lowest price of a product are mentioned.
4.4 Annual: Such a report provides information for a whole year with analysis and explanation. For a stable product, such a report is prepared, e.g. Report on the car market. Each type of market report is very important from the viewpoint of the market, specific product of the market, and time consideration.
The flow chart given below will give a clear concept of the types of market reports. To see a large view click on the image.
Related Content of Report Writing:
- Definition of Graphical Representation of Report
- An Effective Structure of a Market Report
- Definition and Uses of Formal Reports
- Internal Report Template
- Informal Report Example for Business
- Difference Between Formal and Informal Reports
- Importance of Market Report for Market Research
- Principles of a Market Report for Market Research
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Graphical Representation of Data
- Difference Between Informational Report and Analytical Report
- Importance of Market Report for Marketing of Agricultural Product
- Structure of a Report and Sample Report in Letter Format
- Market Research Report Template, Sample, Example and Format
- Market Report Definition
- Essential Features of a Market Report
- Annual Report Template, Sample, Example, and Format
- Internal Control Questionnaire to Evaluate Internal Control Structure
- Formal Report example / Format / Template / Sample
- How to Write an Informal Report Step by Step
- How to Write a Formal Report Effectively
- Steps to Write a Report Effectively
- Effective Business Report Writing Methods
- Purposes / Objectives / Significance / Importance of Report
- Principles / Qualities of a Good Report
- Parts of Informal Report