A market report describes a product in terms of demand, supply, price and nature of transaction. According to product or service, there are various types of market report. Furthermore, length-size, drafting method, subject matter, utility cause changes in the market report.
Types of Market Report
The classification of market report is presented below through a diagram.
- Service based market Report: Transactions related with various service providers such as Bank, Insurance, water supply authority, T & T authority etc. provide the basis for preparation .of such report.
- Product based Market Report: It is of two types:
- Market Report for consumer product: Data related to consumer Product are presented in such a report. Here demand & supply, price, nature of transaction, stock level, market trend etc. of consumer product are described to notify the scenario to the readers. Rice, vegetables and other day to day consumable goods. Can be the example for consumer product.
- Market Report for Industrial product: Product used and produced by the industry is reported on such report. Here, Demand & supply, price, nature of transaction, Stock level, market trend etc. of an industrial product is highlighted, e.g. Chemicals and machinery can be the best example for industrial product.
- Organization based market report: Here report is prepared taking the product or service of an organization as a subject matter. It can be two types:
- Report on Money Market: Here, Demand & supply of a specific currency, exchange rate of such currency, effect of Bank rate and Interest rate on such currency are represented.
- Report on share market: Transaction regarding any share market provide the basis for such report, e.g. Report on Dhaka stock Exchange, Tokyo stock Exchange, London Stock Exchange etc.
- Time based Market Report: The following are the various types of time based market report:
- Daily: Report based on day to day operation is the subject matter of daily report, Report on perishable goods are subject to daily report.
- Weekly: Report based on the activities or transaction of whole week calls for weekly report.
- Fortnightly: Report based on the activities or transaction of fifteen (15) days calls for fortnightly report.
- Monthly: Such report provides the information for a whole month regarding any product of an organization or entity. Here beginning price, closing price, highest price and lowest price of a product is mentioned.
- Annual: Such report provides the information for a whole year with analysis and explanation. For a stable product, such report is prepared, e.g. Report on car market. Each type of market report is very important from the viewpoint of market, specific product of the market and time consideration.
Flow chart given below will give a clear concept about types of market report. To see large view click on the image.
Related Content of Report Writing:
- Definition of Graphical Representation of Report
- A Effective Structure of a Market Report
- Definition and Uses of Formal Reports
- Internal Report Template
- Informal Report Example for Business
- Difference Between Formal and Informal Reports
- Importance of Market Report for Market Research
- Principles of a Market Report for Market Research
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Graphical Representation of Data
- Difference Between Informational Report and Analytical Report
- Importance of Market Report for Marketing of Agricultural Product
- Structure of a Report and Sample Report in Letter Format
- Market Research Report Template, Sample, Example and Format
- Market Report Definition
- Essential Features of a Market Report
- Annual Report Template, Sample, Example and Format
- Internal Control Questionnaire to Evaluate Internal Control Structure
- Formal Report example / Format / Template / Sample
- How to Write an Informal Report Step by Step
- How to Write a Formal Report Effectively
- Steps to Write a Report Effectively
- Effective Business Report Writing Methods
- Purposes / Objectives / Significance / Importance of Report
- Principles / Qualities of a Good Report
- Parts of Informal Report