Report plays an important role for decision-making in organization. And such importance of report can be understood through the following discussions:
Importance of report
- Decision Making Tool: Today’s complex business organizations require thousands of information. Reports provide the required information a large number of important decisions in business or any other area are taken on the basis of information presented in the reports. This is one of the great importance of report.
- Investigation: Whenever there is any problem, a committee or commission or study group investigates the problem to find out the reason behind the problem and present the findings with or without the recommendation in the form of a report. It is another importance of report.
- Evaluation: Large scale organizations are engaged in multidimensional activities. It is not possible for a single top executive to keep personal watch on what others are doing. So, the executive depends on reports to evaluate the performance of various departments or units.
- Quick Location: There is no denying the fact that business executives need information for quick decision-making. As top executives are found to be busy for various purposes), they need vital sources of information. Such sources can be business reports.
- Development of skill: Report writing skill develops the power of designing, organization coordination, judgment and communication.
- Neutral presentation of facts: Facts are required to be presented in a neutral way; such presentation is ensured through a report as it investigates, explains and evaluates any fact independently.
- Professional Advancement: Report also plays a major role in professional achievement. For promotion to the rank and file position, satisfactory job performance is enough to help a person. But for promotion to high level position, intellectual ability is highly required. Such ability can be expressed through the report submitted to higher authority.
- Proper Control: Whether activities are happening according to plan or not is expressed through a report. So, controlling activities are implemented based on the information of a report.
- A managerial Tool: Various reports make activities easy for the managers. For planning, organizing, coordinating, motivating and controlling, manager needs help from a report which acts as a source of information.
- Encountering Advance and Complex Situation: In a large business organization, there is always some sort of labor problems which may bring complex situations. To tackle that situation, managers take the help of a report.
The discussions mention above justifies the importance of report in our daily life.
Related Content of Report Writing:
- Definition of Graphical Representation of Report
- A Effective Structure of a Market Report
- Definition and Uses of Formal Reports
- Internal Report Template
- Informal Report Example for Business
- Difference Between Formal and Informal Reports
- Importance of Market Report for Market Research
- Principles of a Market Report for Market Research
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Graphical Representation of Data
- Difference Between Informational Report and Analytical Report
- Importance of Market Report for Marketing of Agricultural Product
- Types of Market Report
- Structure of a Report and Sample Report in Letter Format
- Market Research Report Template, Sample, Example and Format
- Market Report Definition
- Essential Features of a Market Report
- Annual Report Template, Sample, Example and Format
- Internal Control Questionnaire to Evaluate Internal Control Structure
- Formal Report example / Format / Template / Sample
- How to Write an Informal Report Step by Step
- How to Write a Formal Report Effectively
- Steps to Write a Report Effectively
- Effective Business Report Writing Methods
- Principles / Qualities of a Good Report
- Parts of Informal Report