Though bout business communication and general communication are important, there is some difference between business communication and general communication.
Difference between business communication and general communication
Business communication differs from general communication in the case of objectives, styles, format, and scope of applications. The following points can explain the difference in detail.
|Business communication deals with only business-related information.
|General communication deals with all the information except business.
|It is formal and directed in approach
|It is a less formal and indirect approach.
|It uses a specific format for communication
|Different formats are used based on circumstances.
|4. Personal touch
|There is no scope for using personal feelings in business messages.
|Personal feeling covers most of the parts of general communication.
|It is involved practical information that is impartial and objective.
|It may be involved fictitious information and the scope is partial or subjective.
|Business communication follows organizational policies.
|General communication does not follow any formality.
|This communication is made to take a specific action
|Here communication is done to inform the receiver about certain issues.
|Business communication is official or organizational communication.
|General communication is personal communication.
|Feedback is very important for the success of business communication.
|Feedback is not very much important for general communication.
Related Content of Introduction:
- Multipurpose Uses of Business Communication
- Importance of Cross-Cultural Communication
- Factors that Influence Communication in Business
- Effective Communication Definition for Effective Communication
- How do cultural differences affect communication?
- Importance of Communication in Management
- Importance of Communication in Business
- Communication and Relationship Management
- Cultural Orientation in Communication
- Essential Condition of Communication Program
- How to Improve Cross-Cultural Communication
- Basic Management Functions
- Difference between the Communication Process and Communication Model
- Principles of Effective Business Communication
- Principles of Effective Communication
- Advantages or Importance of Feedback in Communication
- Steps for Overcoming Communication Barriers in Business Enterprise