Feedback is important in two-way communication. It completes two-way communications and provides a basis of understanding regarding the successful delivery of a message. The advantages or importance of feedback is highlighted below.
Importance of Feedback
- Basis of problem-solving: In two-way communication, feedback is compulsory. The sender can only justify the attitude of the receiver if the feedback is provided. So, feedback ‘ ensures the basis of problem-solving and this is one of the importance of feedback.
- Democratic approach: It is a democratic approach to communication. It involves the participation of the receiver and therefore provides scope to express an opinion. It is another advantage of feedback.
- Effective communication: Two-way communication gets confirmed that the message is rightly sent and can understand the success or failure of communication.
- Identification of Improvement Area: Feedback gives input to the sender regarding the message provided by him. This helps to improve the communication problem.
- Better understanding: Feedback helps to understand the view and opinion of the receiver. With better understanding, the sender decides for the next step.
- Creating healthy relations: One-way communication cannot create healthy relationships in case of labor management. Hence two-way communications are effective and therefore lower-level employees can depend on feedback to raise their voice.
- Effective coordination: Feedback enables effective coordination in an organization. All concerned departments can share the work-in-progress through the means of feedback. It supports the successful completion of a job or transaction.
Related Content of Introduction:
- Difference between Business Communication and General Communication
- Multipurpose Uses of Business Communication
- Importance of Cross-Cultural Communication
- Factors that Influence Communication in Business
- Effective Communication Definition for Effective Communication
- How do cultural differences affect communication
- Importance of Communication in Management
- Importance of Communication in Business
- Communication and Relationship Management
- Cultural Orientation in Communication
- Essential Condition of Communication Program
- How to Improve Cross-Cultural Communication
- Basic Management Functions
- Difference between the Communication Process and Communication Model
- Principles of Effective Business Communication
- Principles of Effective Communication
- Steps for Overcoming Communication Barriers in Business Enterprise