The following steps can help to overcome communication barriers in business that are affecting business enterprises.
Communication barriers in business
- Change in organizational structure: Business concerns in Bangladesh should design a flat structure that has few hierarchical levels. This will reduce the communication gap between superiors and subordinates.
- Reduction of formalities: Business managers are very much formalin Bangladesh. This attitude should be changed to avoid unnecessary delays in the flow of communication.
- Introduction of feedback: Business unit should allow employee survey open door policy, meeting and suggestion box to receive feedback and make the effective communication.
- Use of simple language: Simple and easy words should be used during communication rather than vague words, jargon and local dialect.
- Enrichment of labor-management relation: Timely feedback and a regular meeting can help to establish a good relationship between labor and management. A better relation can create a congenial environment for a smooth flow of information.
- An arrangement of training & seminars: A business organization should arrange training and seminars for employees on a regular basis to enhance knowledge and skill. This will increase e the efficiency of the employees at work.
- Availability of modern communication devices: Fax, email, internet, and multimedia devices should be available at work to make employees familiar and updated with the modern world for prompt (S) communication.
- Introducing participation management system: Business Managers should allow participation of employees at different levels for decision-making. This will encourage employees to exchange information freely.
- Removal of political influence: The business decision should be free from political influence. The trade union should be encouraged to raise a legal voice in the interest of employees only.
- Using proper media: Communication can fail for using the wrong media. Media should be selected based on communication type, target receiver, and environment. This will lead to effective communication.
Therefore, the above-mentioned guidelines can break the communication barriers in business organizations.
Related Content for Introduction:
- Difference between Business Communication and General Communication
- Multipurpose Uses of Business Communication
- Importance of Cross-Cultural Communication
- Factors that Influence Communication in Business
- Effective Communication Definition for Effective Communication
- How do cultural differences affect communication
- Importance of Communication in Management
- Importance of Communication in Business
- Communication and Relationship Management
- Cultural Orientation in Communication
- Essential Condition of Communication Program
- How to Improve Cross-Cultural Communication
- Basic Management Functions
- Difference between the Communication Process and Communication Model
- Principles of Effective Business Communication
- Principles of Effective Communication
- Advantages or Importance of Feedback in Communication