In common word essential condition of communication program “Communication is basic to an Organization’s existence- from the birth of the organization and towards its continuation”.
Hicks state that “Communication is basic to an Organization’s existence- from the birth of the Organization and towards its continuation”. Such a statement gives importance to communication and hence it is necessary to formulate a communication program.
Essential Condition of Communication Program
The following are the essential conditions to be considered while formulating a communication program.
- According to the structure of an Organization, a communication program should be developed. If the structure is ignored then there will be miscommunication.
- There should be reliability and validity for exchanging massage and information.
- Higher officials should consider communication .to be their prime responsibility to deal with.
- There should be a proper sequence in the communication program. Lack of sequence will cause confusion and thereafter wastage of resources.
- There must be a target audience with whom communication should happen. Otherwise, the purpose of any communication will fail.
- Communication should be a two-way process. one-sided communication is actually not any communication at all; it arises as ‘dictatorship’.
- Communication should happen timely and in a proper way with the right person.
- Why, how and when to communicate should be clearly defined to each and every person in any organization.
- The language of communication should be simple to create a meaningful understanding. So, workers must get familiar with simple and easy language.
- Communication should consider both necessary and sufficient elements, topics and aspects.
- There should be clarity in communication. Hide & sick should be avoided.
- The sender must have proper knowledge regarding the subject matter as well as the receiver of communication; otherwise, communication will lose its appeal.
- Repetition and use of vague words should be avoided to make communication effective. To follow this there should be an arrangement of seminar, symposium, and training in an Organization.
- Tools and channels of communication should be properly defined to each and every person in an organization.
- Attitude to respond properly i.e. ‘feedback’ should be followed by managers and subordinates.
Related Content of Introduction:
- Difference between Business Communication and General Communication
- Multipurpose Uses of Business Communication
- Importance of Cross-Cultural Communication
- Factors that Influence Communication in Business
- Effective Communication Definition for Effective Communication
- How do cultural differences affect communication
- Importance of Communication in Management
- Importance of Communication in Business
- Communication and Relationship Management
- Cultural Orientation in Communication
- How to Improve Cross-Cultural Communication
- Basic Management Functions
- Difference between the Communication Process and Communication Model
- Principles of Effective Business Communication
- Principles of Effective Communication
- Advantages or Importance of Feedback in Communication
- Steps for Overcoming Communication Barriers in Business Enterprise