The importance of cross-cultural communication creates a network and helps establish a strong chain both internally and externally. As business is expanding globally, culture is a concern that affects communication all time. The importance of cross-cultural communication is there for the following reasons:
Importance of cross-cultural communication
1. To know the global market: there is no border for business now and business is developing globally. To understand the global customer, a business unit should have knowledge of demographic status attitudes, values and beliefs of different cultures. This understanding helps win global business.
2. Avoiding miscommunication: When people from different cultures interact then there is a chance of miscommunication due to a difference in language and attitude. A proper understanding of different cultures where the business has an interest can cause effective communication.
3. Creating a work environment of equal opportunity: In a multinational organization, the success of a business depends on the collective effort of people from different cultures. Each employee needs to get equal treatment here and therefore understanding of various cultures is a pre-requisite for the employer.
4. Enriching human resources: If cultural barriers are removed, a business enterprise can hire skilled people from different parts of the world. This will enrich the human resources of the business. Here, the business will grow and develop rapidly.
Related Content for Introduction:
- Difference between Business Communication and General Communication
- Multipurpose Uses of Business Communication
- Factors that Influence Communication in Business
- Effective Communication Definition for Effective Communication
- How do cultural differences affect communication
- Importance of Communication in Management
- Importance of Communication in Business
- Communication and Relationship Management
- Cultural Orientation in Communication
- Essential Condition of Communication Program
- How to Improve Cross-Cultural Communication
- Basic Management Functions
- Difference between the Communication Process and Communication Model
- Principles of Effective Business Communication
- Principles of Effective Communication
- Advantages or Importance of Feedback in Communication
- Steps for Overcoming Communication Barriers in Business Enterprise