The graphical view is vastly used in every type of data or report. It makes data easier to understand and also has a lot more advantages like this. But it also has some disadvantages so for that reason, we are giving here some advantages and disadvantages of graphical representation of data.
Everyone should know the advantages and disadvantages of the graphical representation of data because some people are not aware of the disadvantages of the graphical representation of data. This article will clear the concept of those people.
Advantages of Graphical Representation of Data
Graphical representation of reports enjoys various advantages which are as follows:
1. Acceptability: Such a report is acceptable to busy persons because it easily highlights the theme of the report. This helps to avoid waste of time.
2. Comparative Analysis: Information can be compared in terms of graphical representation. Such comparative analysis helps for quick understanding and attention.
3. Less cost: Information if descriptive involves huge time to present properly. It involves more money to print the information but the graphical presentation can be made in a short but catchy view to make the report understandable. It obviously involves less cost.
4. Decision Making: Business executives can view the graphs at a glance and can make a decision very quickly which is hardly possible through descriptive reports.
5. Logical Ideas: If tables, designs, and graphs are used to represent information then a logical sequence is created to clear the idea of the audience.
6. Helpful for less literate Audience: Less literate or illiterate people can understand graphical representation easily because it does not involve going through line-by-line and descriptive reports.
7. Less Effort and Time: To present any table, design, image, or graph require less effort and time. Furthermore, such a presentation makes a quick understanding of the information.
8. Less Error and Mistakes: Qualitative or informative or descriptive reports involve errors or mistakes. As graphical representations are exhibited through numerical figures, tables, or graphs, it usually involves fewer errors and mistakes.
9. A complete Idea: Such representation creates a clear and complete idea in the mind of the audience. Reading a hundred pages may not give any scope to make a decision. But an instant view or looking at a glance obviously makes an impression in the mind of the audience regarding the topic or subject.
10. Use in the Notice Board: Such representation can be hung on the notice board to quickly raise the attention of employees in any organization.
Disadvantages of Graphical Representation of Data
The graphical representation of reports is not free from limitations. The following are the problems with a graphical representation of data or reports:
1. Costly: Graphical representation of reports is costly because it involves images, colors, and paints. A combination of material with human efforts makes the graphical presentation expensive.
2. More time: Normal report involves less time to represent but graphical representation involves more time as it requires graphs and figures which are dependent on more time.
3. Errors and Mistakes: Since graphical representations are complex, there is- each and every chance of errors and mistakes. This causes problems for a better understanding of general people.
4. Lack of Secrecy: Graphical representation makes the full presentation of information that may hamper the objective to keep something secret.
5. Problems to select a suitable method: Information can be presented through various graphical methods and ways. Which should be the suitable method is very hard to select.
6. The problem of Understanding: All may not be able to get the meaning of graphical representation because it involves various technical matters which are complex to general people.
Last, of all, it can be said that graphical representation does not provide proper information to general people.
Related Content of Report Writing:
- Definition of Graphical Representation of Report
- An Effective Structure of a Market Report
- Definition and Uses of Formal Reports
- Internal Report Template
- Informal Report Example for Business
- Difference Between Formal and Informal Reports
- Importance of Market Report for Market Research
- Principles of a Market Report for Market Research
- Difference Between Informational Report and Analytical Report
- Importance of Market Report for Marketing of Agricultural Product
- Types of Market Report
- Structure of a Report and Sample Report in Letter Format
- Market Research Report Template, Sample, Example, and Format
- Market Report Definition
- Essential Features of a Market Report
- Annual Report Template, Sample, Example, and Format
- Internal Control Questionnaire to Evaluate Internal Control Structure
- Formal Report Example / Format / Template / Sample
- How to Write an Informal Report Step by Step
- How to Write a Formal Report Effectively
- Steps to Write a Report Effectively
- Effective Business Report Writing Methods
- Purposes / Objectives / Significance / Importance of Report
- Principles / Qualities of a Good Report
- Parts of Informal Report
6 thoughts on “Advantages and Disadvantages of Graphical Representation of Data”
the answers are very good in maybe answering a question on the advantages and disadvantage of using graphical representation of reporting a research findings, as compared to using simple reporting numbers
The Content is nice but do something with the layout, remove that social network sight bar at the left. It blocks half of the content
Nice one, great presentation, it help me a lot
It helped me with my math project
Rare article on internet but you write it very well and this is very informative. Please keep it up.
Realy suitable answer as per to my concern…….hope ur site….always give preference to suitability…..ats, pam