Both minute and proceeding are most important, but also there is some difference. The difference between minute and proceeding are discussed below:
Authentication of Minutes
The proceedings of the meeting and the minutes of the meeting are placed before the next meeting for confirmation. It is known as the authentication of minutes. The secretary reads out the minutes of the last meeting and when it is accepted by the meeting as to its correctness, it is then authenticated. It is also known as a confirmation of minutes. If any minute is not approved, a fresh resolution should be adopted.
Proceedings of a Meeting
Proceedings mean the verbatim record for reporting or the discussions and decisions of a meeting. It is a detailed record of the matters raised at the meeting, the discussions held on each motion and the decisions reached on each item.
Difference between minute and proceeding
The distinction between Minutes and proceedings may be stated below
|Minutes are the official record of the proceedings of the meeting and the decision reached therein.
|Proceedings mean the verbatim record or report of the discussions and decisions of a meeting.
|It is prepared after the meeting.
|It is prepared at the time of the meeting.
|It writes, in a concise form, the decision of the meeting.
|It writes, in detail, the proceedings of the meeting.
|It records the resolutions only.
|It records the discussion of the meeting.
Related Content of Company Meeting:
- Difference between Minutes and Resolution
- Resolutions Definition and Requisition of Resolutions
- Types of Resolution in Accordance with Company Act
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Meetings
- Ordinary Resolution and Special Resolution
- Resolution by Circulation and Resolution Requiring Special Notice
- Minutes of Meeting Sample / Template / Format and Example
- Notice of Meeting Sample / Template / Example / Format
- Classification, Principles, and Importance of Minutes