The market report is a publication of business transactions. Essential features of a market report as it represents the whole market at a glance:
The following are essential features of a market report:
1. Selected product: One or more than one product is described in a market report.
2. Specific market: A specific area or location is mentioned in a market report where the selected product is traded.
3. Time specification: A market is a continuous process. But in a market report “the market scenario according to specific time interval is presented.
4. Transaction Amount: The stock level of a specific product, the supply position of such a product, and the respective quantity sold are highlighted in terms of quantity and value in a market report.
5. Reason for price variation: Price changes over time and why there is a change in the price is mentioned clearly in a market report.
6. Description of goods: Name, trademark, advantages, usage of a specific product are mentioned clearly in a market report, such description provides effective information to the reader.
7. Business forecast: What should be a market trend, demand, and supply of a specific product, a market report on such product provides a forecast.
8. Neutrality: A market report should not be biased. It must be neutral to raise its importance to the reader.
9. Structure: A specific structure is followed to draft a market report. This provides an attractive presentation and meaningful picture to the reader.
10. The opinion of the Reporter: The reporter provides valuable opinion at the end of a report; such opinion gives basis to the businessman to make valuable decisions.
11. Date & Signature: The date of writing the report and the signature of the writer should be clearly mentioned for proper specification.
The above features make justification for a market report to be accepted by the reader.
Related Content of Report Writing:
- Definition of Graphical Representation of Report
- An Effective Structure of a Market Report
- Definition and Uses of Formal Reports
- Internal Report Template
- Informal Report Example for Business
- Difference Between Formal and Informal Reports
- Importance of Market Report for Market Research
- Principles of a Market Report for Market Research
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Graphical Representation of Data
- Difference Between Informational Report and Analytical Report
- Importance of Market Report for Marketing of Agricultural Product
- Types of Market Report
- Structure of a Report and Sample Report in Letter Format
- Market Research Report Template, Sample, Example, and Format
- Market Report Definition
- Annual Report Template, Sample, Example, and Format
- Internal Control Questionnaire to Evaluate Internal Control Structure
- Formal Report Example / Format / Template / Sample
- How to Write an Informal Report Step by Step
- How to Write a Formal Report Effectively
- Steps to Write a Report Effectively
- Effective Business Report Writing Methods
- Purposes / Objectives / Significance / Importance of Report
- Principles / Qualities of a Good Report
- Parts of Informal Report