A memo is an important part of written communication and it also has a large number of users for a different purposes. Different types of memo are used for different purposes so everyone should know about types of memo.
Types of Memo or, Movement of Memo
As an internal communication tool, the memo can be moved in three (3) ways within an organization and can be divided into as follows:
Here memo moves from superiors to subordinates. Such memos, in most cases, announce or explain policy or procedures. It also announces new staff appointments, product and service changes, and special events within the organization.
Moreover, the superior may also request any information, through such a memo.
Here memos are written by subordinates to their respective superiors. These memos provide responses to requests made by superiors and convey informal reports to superiors. Upward memos may also make requests for any specific reasonable matter.
The tone of such a memo should be formal and the facts to be contained here should be backed by proper evidence. This memo is one way to present yourself to your superior and maybe your best support for promotion within the organization.
This memo is communicated between co-workers and employees at the same level or position. The respective positions of the sender and the receiver determine the tone of the memo and generally, the tone is informal.
The carefully written memo may enhance your image among your co-workers and therefore an opportunity for your advancement.
Related Content of Written Communication:
- Difference between Government and Semi-Government Letter
- Difference between Official and Demi-Official Letters
- How to Write a Business Memo Format with Example
- Functions of Memo / Memorandum
- Official Business Letter and its Features
- Difference between Business and Official Letters
- Difference between a Business letter and Personal Letter
- Business Memo Example (practical example)
- Demi Official Letter Definition
- Features of Demi Official Letter or Demi Government Letter
- Brevity and Courtesy of Business Letter
- Purpose of a Business Letter
- Functions of a Business Letter
- How to Write a Business Letter with Sample
- How to Improve Writing Skills Easily in Effective Way
- Structure or Parts of a Business Letter
- Difference between Memo and Letter
3 thoughts on “Types of Memo Used in Internal Communication”
please,keep it up
please send me an example of upward memorandum
Thanks, Teodoro, we will publish a content regarding upward memorandum as early as possible. Please be with us