Brevity and courtesy are very important matters of a business letter. We should flow brevity and courtesy of business letter for an effective business letter. These two things are discussed as follows:
Brevity and Courtesy of Business Letter
The brevity of Business Letter
Brevity is one of the essential qualities of a business letter. A business letter must avoid unnecessary topics or irrelevant facts and therefore it must be brief but complete.
As we know businessmen have a very short time and they have to go through various letters, documents, faxes, and transcripts. So, the Business letter written in a descriptive way will create no strong appeal towards them.
If it is concise, it is properly honored by the readers. Therefore, to draft any Business letter, ‘the writer or sender must be specific, to the point and disclose everything in brief. As it is rightly said ‘Brevity is the soul of wit.
Courtesy of Business Letter
To convince or motivate the receiver of a business letter, there is nothing alternative than courtesy. As we know, courtesy costs nothing but can achieve much.
Naturally, everyone is weak towards courtesy and if this is reflected through a business letter, the receiver gets the confidence to honor the letter properly.
And the purpose of the letter is supposed to be achieved. Even if a letter is rude, the response should be made in a courteous way.
Related Content of Written Communication:
- Differences between Government and Semi-Government Letter
- Difference between Official and Demi-Official Letters
- How to Write a Business Memo Format with Example
- Functions of Memo / Memorandum
- Official Business Letter and its Features
- Difference between Business and Official Letters
- Difference between a Business letter and Personal Letter
- Business Memo Example (practical example)
- Types of Memo Used in Internal Communication
- Demi Official Letter Definition
- Features of Demi Official Letter or Demi Government Letter
- Purpose of a Business Letter
- Functions of a Business Letter
- How to Write a Business Letter with Sample
- How to Improve Writing Skills Easily in Effective Way
- Structure or Parts of a Business Letter
- Difference between Memo and Letter