Demi official letter definition will clear the concept of demi official letter. And it should be clear because it is a very important term in business communication.
Demi government letter or demi official letter definition
In a general word, demi official letter definition is the letter that communicates official correspondence along with personal news is called demi-official or Demi government letter.
Because of the personal relationship between sender and receiver, there are topics of personal interest in such a letter. There are no strict official rules to be followed in drafting such letter.
Persons having same designation with better personal relation take the advantage of communication through such a letter.
The language, writing style and presentation system are very much flexible in such a letter and for these reasons, it is practiced widely in the communication world.
Actually a Demi-official or Demi Government letter is official in purpose but involves some personal affiliation or touch. It is not formal as the official letter.
When the receiver of an official letter is addressed by name such as Dear Mr. Tahsin, because of such close relationship, it is a demi-official letter. Some important points regarding Demi-official letter are noted as under:
- It is generally addressed by name and designation of the person who is supposed to attend to the subject matter of the letter.
- Salutation generally starts with ‘My Dear X’ ‘Dear Mr. Y’
- The proper method of subscription is ‘Yours sincerely’
- Such letter is signed by the officer concerned and not by someone else on behalf of the officer.
Demi official letter is desirable particularly in the following cases:
- When the personal attention of the receiver is needed
- If the subject matter is confidential in nature
- When the matter is urgent and it requires quick disposal.
Related Content of Written Communication:
- Differences between Government and Semi-Government Letter
- Difference between Official and Demi-Official Letters
- How to Write a Business Memo Format with Example
- Functions of Memo / Memorandum
- Official Business Letter and its Features
- Difference between Business and Official Letters
- Difference between a Business letter and Personal Letter
- Business Memo Example (practical example)
- Types of Memo Used in Internal Communication
- Features of Demi Official Letter or Demi Government Letter
- Brevity and Courtesy of Business Letter
- Purpose of a Business Letter
- Functions of a Business Letter
- How to Write a Business Letter with Sample
- How to Improve Writing Skills Easily in Effective Way
- Structure or Parts of a Business Letter
- Difference between Memo and Letter