Both official and demi-official letters are essential but there are some difference between official and demi-official letters and all of them are as follows:-
Difference between official and demi-official letters
Here we mention 15 points regarding official and demi official letters.
Points of Difference
|Various official interests are served through an official letter.||To attain an official objective through personal relationships is the purpose of the demi-official letter.|
|Its nature is official and impersonal.||Its nature is a mixed i.e. combination of personal and official.|
|On the basis of subject matter, it can be classified as urgent, secret, general, etc.||It cannot be classified as an official letter.|
|Its size is small.||It is comparatively large in size.|
|The specific structure is strictly followed.||No specific structure is required to be followed.|
6. The official style
|The official style is maintained completely.||Official style may not be maintained or not necessary to write such a letter.|
7. Status of the letter
|The status of the official letter is determined by the status of the writer.||A personal relationship between the sender and receiver influences the status of such a letter.|
8. Use of Language
|Traditional and official languages are used here.|
Such a letter can be written through personal touch for which language seems to be very simple.
|Official systems provide the basis for salutation.||Personal relation influences salutation.|
|Both direct and indirect methods can be used to write such a letter.||Only a direct method is applicable to writing such a letter.|
It may be copied for various purposes.
No Copy is made of such a letter.
The enclosure is used here.
The use of enclosure in such a letter is a rare case.
13. Use of Grammar
The first person or Third person is used in such a letter. Generally, the plural form is used.
Here the first person in plural form is used.
Its appeal is universal.
Its appeal is limited to individual.
|15. Complimentary Close||Official System is followed to make complimentary close.||The complimentary close is based on personal relationships.|
Hope you find all difference between official and demi-official letters otherwise please feel free to comment below.
Related Content of Written Communication:
- Difference between Government and Semi-Government Letter
- How to Write a Business Memo Format with Example
- Functions of Memo / Memorandum
- Official Business Letter and its Features
- Difference between Business and Official Letters
- Difference between a Business letter and Personal Letter
- Business Memo Example (practical example)
- Types of Memo Used in Internal Communication
- Demi Official Letter Definition
- Features of Demi Official Letter or Demi Government Letter
- Brevity and Courtesy of Business Letter
- Purpose of a Business Letter
- Functions of a Business Letter
- How to Write a Business Letter with Sample
- How to Improve Writing Skills Easily in Effective Way
- Structure or Parts of a Business Letter
- Difference between Memo and Letter
2 thoughts on “15 Difference Between Official and Demi-Official Letters”
I have checked your website and I have found some useful content, whatever thanks for sharing.
very helpful information