Vertical communication has great importance in business organizations or company as well as it also has some disadvantages. We give here the advantages and disadvantages of vertical communication.
Advantages of Vertical Communication
There are some advantages to vertical communication. Those advantages are highlighted below:
1. Various level communication: Communication at various levels of an organization is possible through vertical communication.
2. Implementation of advice and order: Advice, order, or instructions are implemented through such communication.
3. Pinpoint problem detection: Problems existing in any department, position, or level are pinpointed.
4. Motivate subordinates: Vertical communication plays a vital role to motivate subordinates.
5. Execution of direction and orders: Orders and directions can be executed because of such communication.
6. Evaluation of job: Job assignment, Job rationality, and job evaluation are possible due to such communication.
7. Identify job satisfaction: Employee attitude and job satisfaction can be identified if vertical communication is active.
Though there are many advantages and disadvantages of Vertical Communication, some disadvantages of vertical communication are given below:
Disadvantages of Vertical Communication
Vertical communication also faces some disadvantages or limitations which are:
1. Hamper the way of communication: As the designation or rank of the sender and receiver involved in vertical communication is not the same, there always exists a difference. Such a difference hampers the way of communication.
2. Communication gap between subordinate and superior: Subordinates on many occasions cannot express their feelings, attitude, and emotion to their respective superiors which call for the communication gap.
3. Time-consuming communication: Such communication passes on various levels of an organization which calls for delay and slowness.
4. Confusion about the message: Subordinates always have a fear of asking for further explanations from their superiors. So, subordinates always have a doubt regarding the message received.
5. Other barriers: Sometimes the superiors can be reluctant to forward their message which can be a barrier to such communication.
Hope you find all advantages and disadvantages of vertical communication, otherwise, leave a comment below.
Related Content of Types of Communication:
- Difference between Oral and Written Communication
- 12 Principles of Effective Oral Communication
- Example of Downward Communication in Organization
- Effective Written Communication and Principles of Effective Writing
- Difference between Upward and Downward Communication
- Vertical Communication Definition
- Difference between Horizontal and Vertical Communication
- Copy Writing in Mass Communication
- Mass Communication Industry
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Upward Communication
- Upward Communication Example, Sample, and Template
- Mass Communication Skills Test and Mass Communication System
- Media for Horizontal Communication
- How to Solve the Problems of Horizontal Communication
- Different kinds / Types of Communication
- Lateral / Horizontal Communication Definition with Example
- Informal Communication Network Pattern
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Written Communication
- Business Application of Verbal Communication
- Which One is More Acceptable between Oral and Written Communication?
- Distortion in Upward Communication Channel
- Factors that Influence Downward Communication