Horizontal and vertical communication both are most important for the business organization but there is some difference between horizontal and vertical communication which is given below:
Difference between horizontal and vertical communication
|Points of Difference
|Such communication flows between people at the same level.
|Such communication flows between people of different levels.
|Such communication helps in coordination between various departments of an organization.
|It normally coordinates the activities of superiors and subordinates.
|Flow of communication
|The communication flows here like a straight line.
|It may flow in an upward or downward way.
|Oral communication is very suitable for such communication as the sender and receiver belong to the same level.
|Such communication generally uses written procedures and methods
|Communication between purchase and sales manager. Know the importance of communication in management
|Communication between the sales manager and sales executives or agents.
Hope you find all of the dissimilations of vertical and horizontal communication, otherwise, leave a comment below.
Related Content of Types of Communication:
- Difference between Oral and Written Communication
- 12 Principles of Effective Oral Communication
- Example of Downward Communication in Organization
- Effective Written Communication and Principles of Effective Writing
- Difference between Upward and Downward Communication
- Vertical Communication Definition
- Advantages and disadvantages of Vertical Communication
- Copy Writing in Mass Communication
- Mass Communication Industry
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Upward Communication
- Upward Communication Example, Sample, and Template
- Mass Communication Skills Test and Mass Communication System
- Media for Horizontal Communication
- How to Solve the Problems of Horizontal Communication
- Different kinds / Types of Communication
- Lateral / Horizontal Communication Definition with Example
- Informal Communication Network Pattern
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Written Communication
- Business Application of Verbal Communication
- Which One is More Acceptable between Oral and Written Communication?
- Distortion in Upward Communication Channel
- Factors that Influence Downward Communication