Though both are important we should know the difference between business letter and personal Letter.
The following are the difference between business letter and personal letter
|Points of Difference
|A business letter is written for business purposes.
|The personal letter addresses Personal affairs or activities.
|It is universally used.
|It is personally used.
|Certain rules are followed to draft such a letter
|There is no rule to draft such a letter
|Here various structures are maintained
|No structure is maintained to write such a letter
|It is generally concise and complete
|It is generally large in size.
|Such a letter uses a direct and persuasive Method.
|Such a letter uses the only direct method.
|There is no scope to show any personal emotion in such a letter & Because it carries only business-related information or message.
|Such a letter is full of emotion and personal touch.
|8. Use of Language
|Clear and technical language is used to compose such a letter
|Romantic and poetic language are used to decorate the speech of such a letter.
|Salutation is used according to the designation of the receiver.
|Salutation depends on the personal relationship between the sender and the receiver.
|10. Complimentary Close
|Formal language is used for Complimentary Close.
|The relation between the sender and receiver of the letter dominates the complimentary close.
|There are many classifications of Business letter
|Classification is impossible here.
|12. The way of Drafting
|Such a letter is composed by a typewriter or computer.
|It is prepared by handwriting.
|There is no scope for giving advice in a Business letter
|Sender if senior provides advice to the receiver through personal letters
|A copy is sent to many receivers if necessary
|Generally, a copy of a personal letter is not sent to another person.
|There is an enclosure in the Business letter.
|There is no enclosure in a personal letter.
Related Content of Written Communication:
- Differences between Government and Semi-Government Letter
- Difference between Official and Demi-Official Letters
- How to Write a Business Memo Format with Example
- Functions of Memo / Memorandum
- Official Business Letter and its Features
- Difference between Business and Official Letters
- Business Memo Example (practical example)
- Types of Memo Used in Internal Communication
- Demi Official Letter Definition
- Features of Demi Official Letter or Demi Government Letter
- Brevity and Courtesy of Business Letter
- Purpose of a Business Letter
- Functions of a Business Letter
- How to Write a Business Letter with Sample
- How to Improve Writing Skills Easily in Effective Way
- Structure or Parts of a Business Letter
- Difference between Memo and Letter