In a common word, downward communication means communicating downward in organization. Here we provide some examples of downward communication.
An example of downward communication by a General Manager to the Production Manager through a show-cause notice is given below:
Sony Textiles Ltd.
Manager Production Department
Sub: Show-cause for the failure.
According to the finished production report, the actual figure is much less than the target set for last month. Please check the discrepancy and interpret the reasons in detail within one week.
Mr. Tanjid Khan General Manager.
An example of downward communication by a Chief of Administration for Transfer of service
Woodland Apparels Limited
To Mr. Sree Nanda Das S/6.
Late Maran Chandra Das Village Udur,
P/o. Ulukhola, District- Ghazipur.
Subject: Transfer of Services.
Dear Mr. Sree Nanda Das,
Please be informed that the Management has decided to transfer your services from Woodland Apparels Ltd. to Islam Trading Consortium Ltd., Head office with effect from 1st August 2004. All other terms and conditions of your service will remain unchanged.
On behalf of Management
(A.K. Moinuddin Ahmed) Chief of Administration
- Accounts Section, WAL, Factory
- Accounts section, WAL, Head office,
- Accounts section, ITCL, Head office,
- Personal File
Head office: Toynbee Circular Road, “Nirala Bhaban” (3rd Floor). Motijheel C/A Dhaka- 1000.
Phone: 9562352, 9558348, And 9563250
E-mail: mailto:email@example.com, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Factory: Plot M 4/3 Section- 7 Mirpur Dhaka-1216,
Phone: 9004652, 9005780, 9007381, and 8015042
Example of downward communication for inters transfer with new job responsibilities.
9/A Toynbee Circular Road Motijheel C/A,
Dhaka 1000 Tel: Phone -9558348, 9562352,
Fax: 9561862, E-mail: email@example.com
Taher Chamber (2nd Floor) 10-Agrabad C/A, Chittagong
Tel:72153.710137,7129 Fax: 880-031-7232283
4 April 2012
Mr. M K Zakaria
AGM (Finance & Banking)
Islam trading Consortium Ltd.
Corporate HQ 9/A Toyenbee Circular Road
Dear Mr. Zakeria,
Re: Inter Transfer with your new job responsibilities.
Pursuant to your appointment, the Management has decided to transfer your service from the existing Finance & Banking Department of the corporate office of ITCL to the Finance & Banking Department of our Garments Sector e.g. Woodland Apparels Ltd. Smooth Apparels Ltd. & Big Zero Apparels Ltd. While your job responsibilities have been stipulated as follows
Job & Responsibilities
- To employ the service in the Finance & Banking Department.
- To manage, supervise, decide, and arrange the entire financial and banking affairs of the assigned companies.
- To check, scrutinize, verify the Master IVCs and Back to Back IVCs with the Bank & other vouchers regularly.
- To record & register all L/C(s) & update all Latter of credit (s) on a regular basis.
- To check to confirm & monitor the shipment due to payment short shipment schedule maintenance stock lot (s) sales proceed realization, expenses various bills & vouchers, etc.
- To prepare the update report regularly and to equip your good Department at a state when the instant report information can easily be obtained.
- To follow up regularly on the entire L/C affairs of all of the above entities.
- To submit a report to the top management on a daily basis on the total L/C-related matters so as to take necessary action.
- To regularize the entire departmental functions.
- To coordinate among the concerned departments like Merchandising Commercial F& A production etc.
- To liaison closely with the concerned Bank officials insurance companies and other
- Financial institutions from time to time.
- To engage in regular affairs check all of the relevant vouchers papers & documents thoroughly and after due consideration make, suggestive recommendations for necessary action.
- To take necessary steps from time to time with regard to the smooth functioning of the business if the companies.
- To adhere it the management decision as & when taken from time to time.
- This decision will remain in force until betided further.
Management firmly expects that you will keep up extending your sincere and devoted service towards the continued success and achievements of our new assignment. Thanking you.
(Qazi Galive A Sattar)
Islam Trading Consortium LTD
An example of downward communication mention above will give a clear idea about download communication. Here we provide some most used and important examples of downward communication.
Related Content of Types of Communication:
- Difference between Oral and Written Communication
- 12 Principles of Effective Oral Communication
- Effective Written Communication and Principles of Effective Writing
- Difference between Upward and Downward Communication
- Vertical Communication Definition
- Advantages and disadvantages of Vertical Communication
- Difference between Horizontal and Vertical Communication
- Copy Writing in Mass Communication
- Mass Communication Industry
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Upward Communication
- Upward Communication Example, Sample, and Template
- Mass Communication Skills Test and Mass Communication System
- Media for Horizontal Communication
- How to Solve the Problems of Horizontal Communication
- Different kinds / Types of Communication
- Lateral / Horizontal Communication Definition with Example
- Informal Communication Network Pattern
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Written Communication
- Business Application of Verbal Communication
- Which One is More Acceptable between Oral and Written Communication?
- Distortion in Upward Communication Channel
- Factors that Influence Downward Communication