A termination letter is used to terminate an employee from an organization. Here we discuss the termination letter definition and termination letter sample to make the concept clear about the termination letter. The termination letter should be short, describe the reason for termination briefly.
Definition of termination letter
If the appointee does not come up to the expectations of his employers or if his general conduct is unsatisfactory then, his services may be terminated and regarding such a letter is issued called termination letter.
Termination May also become necessary if the re-organization of the office requires a reduction in the number of employees or if the firm is closed by itself. Another reason is sometimes there may happen some serious misunderstanding between the employee and the manager calls for termination also.
Termination letter must state two (2) following issues:
- Date of termination
- Reason for termination
Termination Letter sample
1st June 2004
Mr. Rashid Choudhury
Sub: Termination Order
Dear Mr. Hashid Choudhury,
It is my painful duty to inform you that your services will be terminated from 1st July.
Your work, punctuality, and efficiency have been under observation for the last three (3) months but there has been no improvement on your part. Hence the management has no other way but to give you one (1) month’s .notice of termination as per the terms of your appointment.
The image given above a termination letter sample for the structure of such a letter.
Related Content of Letter Writing:
- Order Letter Sample And Order Confirmation Letter Sample
- Order Cancellation Letter Sample / Example / Format / Template
- Complaint Letter Definition and Meaning
- Collection Letter Definition and Meaning
- Importance of Collection Letter or Dunning Letter
- Adjustment Letter Definition and Meaning
- Factors to be considered in drafting Adjustment Letter
- How to Write a Complaint Letter Against a Goods or Service
- Status Inquiry Letter Sample for Effective Communication
- Order Refusal Letter Sample
- Letter of Credit Sample with its Definition
- The objective of Circular Letter and Factors for Drafting Circular Letter
- Definition of Status Inquiry Letter
- Definition of Order Confirmation Letter and Order Letter
- Introduction Letter Sample with its Definition and Importance
- Difference Between Letter of Recommendation and Letter of Introduction
- Different Methods or Stages of Collection Letter
- Difference between Circular Letter and Business Circular Letter
- Difference Between Circular Letter and Advertisement
- Definition, Forms, and Content of Inquiry Letter
- Circular Letter Sample for Effective Business Promotion
- Promotion Letter sample with its Definition
- Recommendation Letter definition and Importance of Recommendation Letters
- How to Write a Recommendation Letter for Effective Result
- Definition of Order Cancellation Letter
- Adjustment letter sample, example, template, and format
- Complaint Letter Sample, example, template, and format
- Circular Letter Definition
- Characteristics and Features of Circular Letter
- Necessity or Importance of Circular Letter
- Letter of Resignation sample, template, example, and format
- Quotation Letter Sample / Format / Example / Template
- Dunning / Collection Letter Sample / Template / Example / Format