Many time a person can not be satisfied with some service and product or may be for other thing. At that time he or she need to make a complain against that product or service. But that complaint should be in formal way. So we are giving some tips for how to write a complaint letter against a goods or service. I think it will help to increase the power of your complaint letter. So lets go to know how to write a complaint letter in effective way.
How to Write a Complaint Letter
A complaint letter is written to claim for damage but it should be courteous in tone to convince the seller. The following points should be considered to draft a complaint letter:
- Give thanks to the supplier or seller for his valuable service.
- State the problem clearly and demand for the inconvenience in a courteous tone.
- Provide clarification regarding claim and give identification for the respective damage or fault.
- Give detailed information regarding the product or service so that it is clear to the seller and helpful for his examination.
- Notify the way to rectify or adjust the damage.
- Ask for neutral or fair judgment from the seller or service provider.
- If there is repetition of mistakes or early claim remains unsettled, it may require making the seller aware regarding legal bindings or action indirectly.
- Close the letter by requesting to extend supplier’s or seller’s co-operation and to take immediate steps to avoid repetitive mistakes.
- Firstly try to know the name of that person you will written to and mention the name of that person in your complaint letter.
- You should type your name at the end of the letter, before your signature.
Our objective is to get adjustment or compensation, So we should try to win the heart, not to break it.
Factors to be considered in drafting Complaint letter
Complaint letter should be drafted in a clear statement with polite and calm tone. The following factors should be considered:
- Expressing sorry: There was actually no intention to claim but circumstances have called for stating the claim. In this regard buyer should express his sorry.
- Date: The date of arrival of goods should be mentioned clearly.
- Specific complaint: The Claim should be specific. Buyer should clearly identify whether the fault exists with the goods supplied or service rendered.
- Advice: Buyer should state the steps necessary to rectify the mistake. He should also advice to be cautious in future in tactful way.
- Conciseness: complaint should not be too large with irrelevant topics or matters. It must be in brief but complete.
- Courteous request: Seller should not be charged directly rather buyer should make a courteous request to solve the problem promptly.
- Explanation of Damage: Buyer should explain the nature and extent of inconvenience or damage caused in terms of money, sales, service or goodwill.
J.H Jains quoted that “An ideal complaint letter helps to improve the service rendered by seller and causes advancement of goodwill.”
Related Content of Letter Writing:
- Order Letter Sample and Order Confirmation Letter Sample
- Order Cancellation Letter Sample / Example / Format / Template
- Complaint Letter Definition and Meaning
- Collection Letter Definition and Meaning
- Importance of Collection Letter or Dunning Letter
- Adjustment Letter Definition and Meaning
- Factors to be considered in drafting Adjustment Letter
- Status Inquiry Letter Sample for Effective Communication
- Order Refusal Letter Sample
- Letter of Credit Sample with its Definition
- Objective of Circular Letter and Factors for Drafting Circular Letter
- Definition of Status Inquiry Letter
- Definition of Order Confirmation Letter and Order Letter
- Introduction Letter Sample with its Definition and Importance
- Difference Between Letter of Recommendation and Letter of Introduction
- Different Methods or Stages of Collection Letter
- Difference between Circular Letter and Business Circular Letter
- Difference Between Circular Letter and Advertisement
- Definition, Forms and Content of Inquiry Letter
- Circular Letter Sample for Effective Business Promotion
- Promotion Letter sample with its Definition
- Recommendation Letter definition and Importance of Recommendation Letters
- How to Write Recommendation Letter for Effective Result
- Definition of Order Cancellation Letter
- Adjustment letter sample, example, template and format
- Complaint Letter Sample, example, template and format
- Circular Letter Definition
- Characteristics and Features of Circular Letter
- Necessity or Importance of Circular Letter
- Letter of Resignation sample, template, example and format
- Termination Letter sample, example, template, and format
- Quotation Letter Sample / Format / Example / Template
- Dunning / Collection Letter Sample / Template / Example / Format