In a common word, an adjustment letter means a letter that is written for responding against a complaint letter. Here are some adjustment letter sample / adjustment letter example / adjustment letter template / adjustment letter format given below:
Adjustment letter sample 1
Bangladesh Textiles Mills Ltd.
10th Feb. 04
Ref: Your letter dated 5th Feb. 04.
We thank you .for your letter of 5th Feb. 04 along with/ sample of cloth for examination.
The report that we have received just today shows that the consignment forwarded to you was the wrong one full of defective clothes. It was a mistake because of our despatch section and we regret this mistake which has caused you both embarrassment and inconvenience. We have already sent the replacement by passenger train. You can be sure of the quality of cloth now sent.
You can, of course, return the clothes to us and debit our account for the loss caused to you. We again regret the inconvenience to you and assure you that such mistakes will be avoided in the future.
Adjustment letter example 2
Emporium Tea Ltd.
25th July, 04,
Ref: Your letter dated July 21, 2015
We have received your letter of complaint dated July 21, 04 regarding the shortage of quantity. It is probably the first time that we get such complaints from a customer regarding the shortage of quantity.
Whereas you are our valued customer, we cannot deny any human error made by our dispatch workers. As a large concern in the country, we have to deal with large quantities each day and therefore a sudden error is possible. We, therefore, are dispatching the shortage quantity as per your order.
We expect your co-ordination as before.
Adjustment letter template 3
LIGHTING WORLD LTD
10th March, 04
Ref: Reply to your letter dated 5th March 2015
We feel extremely sorry to hear that 100 cartoons of Tube lights received by you in a 4amaged condition. Our dispatch section has a pre-packing inspection which allows the packing of goods maintaining satisfactory quality. Damage, such as in your case, occurs very rarely when the packages are roughly handled in transit.
As the contract involves the replacement of damaged goods we are ensuring the supply of 100 cartoons of Tube lights with more extra packaging. Will you kindly sign the enclosed “Damage Report” So that we can submit our claim to the Insurance Company? The attached Business Reply Envelope is for your convenience in returning the report. Our authorized representative will collect the damaged goods before 15th March, 04. Please confirm the arrival of the goods.
Adjustment letter format 4
September 22, 04
Ref: Your letter dated September 20, 2004
We regret that you had to take the trouble of writing to us. Your letter of Sept. 20, 04 must-have crossed with our letter No: 4k-21 of Sept. advising you of the dispatch of goods.
Due to power failure in the factory, the production was held up for six (6) days. With a large number of orders -on hand, we were under serious pressure and therefore we had to work extra hours as soon as the power supply started. In those days we were too busy to fit the problem that the communication chain between factory and administrative building was badly hampered. As a result, communication with customers also faced serious problems.
We are extremely sorry about this delay and hope you will realize that it was only due to circumstances beyond our control. We expect that you will receive the goods as ordered within September 25, 04.
Picture of the adjustment letter sample given above to see the structure of the adjustment letter.
Related Content of Letter Writing:
- Order Letter Sample And Order Confirmation Letter Sample
- Order Cancellation Letter Sample / Example / Format / Template
- Complaint Letter Definition and Meaning
- Collection Letter Definition and Meaning
- Importance of Collection Letter or Dunning Letter
- Adjustment Letter Definition and Meaning
- Factors to be considered in drafting Adjustment Letter
- How to Write a Complaint Letter Against a Goods or Service
- Status Inquiry Letter Sample for Effective Communication
- Order Refusal Letter Sample
- Letter of Credit Sample with its Definition
- The Objective of Circular Letter and Factors for Drafting Circular Letter
- Definition of Status Inquiry Letter
- Definition of Order Confirmation Letter and Order Letter
- Introduction Letter Sample with its Definition and Importance
- Difference Between Letter of Recommendation and Letter of Introduction
- Different Methods or Stages of Collection Letter
- Difference between Circular Letter and Business Circular Letter
- Difference Between Circular Letter and Advertisement
- Definition, Forms, and Content of Inquiry Letter
- Circular Letter Sample for Effective Business Promotion
- Promotion Letter sample with its Definition
- Recommendation Letter definition and Importance of Recommendation Letters
- How to Write a Recommendation Letter for Effective Result
- Definition of Order Cancellation Letter
- Complaint Letter Sample, example, template, and format
- Circular Letter Definition
- Characteristics and Features of Circular Letter
- Necessity or Importance of Circular Letter
- Letter of Resignation sample, template, example, and format
- Termination Letter Sample, example, template, and format
- Quotation Letter Sample / Format / Example / Template
- Dunning / Collection Letter Sample / Template / Example / Format