A collection letter is also known as a dunning letter. From the name of the letter, we can gauge the function of the letter. It is most important and used so, we provide some dunning or collection letter sample, template, example, and format.
Collection Letter sample A Reminder Stage
One of your customers has failed to pay his bill on the due date and you have not received payment even one week after the due date. Draft a suitable reminder:
Light and Music Store
7th October, 21
Sub: Account Remains Unpaid.
We just want to remind you that our September 10, 04, statement of your account for the under-mentioned invoices has escaped your attention.
Date Invoice No Amount
We have enclosed duplicates of each of the above invoices to help you verify your records. If you wish any further service, just drop a letter.
Image of collection letter sample given above to give an idea about the structure of collection letter or dunning letter.
Dunning / Collection Letter Template
Light & Music store
7th October, 21
Manager of Music Corner
Sub: Account remains unpaid.
Our account books show a balance of Tk. 7,000 in your account which has now been due for three (3) weeks. We sent you a reminder last week. But perhaps it may be escaped your notice.
We would like to draw your attention once again to your unsettled account.
It is quite likely that your business engagements are so pressing that they don’t leave you time to attend to many things. It is possible that you may overlook this reminder too. Please pick up your checkbook right now and issue a check for Tk. 7,000 in our favor and send it in the attached postage-free envelope.
We look forward to receiving your remittance.
Yours very truly,
Collection Letter example
Light and Music Store
12 October, 21
Sub: Account still remains unsettled
Dear Sir,The two (2) nicest words in the English language are “please” and “Thank You”. It would “please” us very much if you would “please” pin your check for Tk. 7,000 to this letter and return it in the attached self-addressed envelope. It is now 4 weeks past and has already exceeded our terms for 30 days.
If you have already sent the cheque, “please” avoid this letter. In either case, it will be a pleasure to say “thank you”.
Collection Letter format (Strong Reminder)
Light And Music Store
23rd October, 21Manager
Date: 15th September. 21
Credit is a convenience and not a necessity, isn’t it? This convenience enables you to make a purchase for which you promise to pay in the future.We are sure, your credit account with us has been of great convenience to you and we have the pleasure to provide you with such service. However, your prompt payments are necessary in order that us to continue to extend this courtesy. Your above account, now many weeks past due needs a check to avoid the unpleasant suspension of its operation. Why not post your cheque today only, So that you can continue to enjoy your credit?
Hope this letter sample clear your concept about collection letter. You can write your collection letter by getting ideas from this sample letter.
Related Content of Letter Writing:
- Order Letter Sample And Order Confirmation Letter Sample
- Order Cancellation Letter Sample / Example / Format / Template
- Complaint Letter Definition and Meaning
- Collection Letter Definition and Meaning
- Importance of Collection Letter or Dunning Letter
- Adjustment Letter Definition and Meaning
- Factors to be considered in drafting Adjustment Letter
- How to Write a Complaint Letter Against a Goods or Service
- Status Inquiry Letter Sample for Effective Communication
- Order Refusal Letter Sample
- Letter of Credit Sample with its Definition
- The objective of Circular Letter and Factors for Drafting Circular Letter
- Definition of Status Inquiry Letter
- Definition of Order Confirmation Letter and Order Letter
- Introduction Letter Sample with its Definition and Importance
- Difference Between Letter of Recommendation and Letter of Introduction
- Different Methods or Stages of Collection Letter
- Difference between Circular Letter and Business Circular Letter
- Difference Between Circular Letter and Advertisement
- Definition, Forms, and Content of Inquiry Letter
- Circular Letter Sample for Effective Business Promotion
- Promotion Letter sample with its Definition
- Recommendation Letter definition and Importance of Recommendation Letters
- How to Write a Recommendation Letter for Effective Result
- Definition of Order Cancellation Letter
- Adjustment letter sample, example, template, and format
- Complaint Letter Sample, example, template, and format
- Circular Letter Definition
- Characteristics and Features of Circular Letter
- Necessity or Importance of Circular Letter
- Letter of Resignation sample, template, example, and format
- Termination Letter Sample, example, template, and format
- Quotation Letter Sample / Format / Example / Template