A circular letter reflects information regarding an organization or entity. The followings are the objective of a circular letter.
The objective of Circular Letter
(1) Personal objective: A person may be interested to circulate his name and may use various media. For example, when a donor wants to donate may use a circular letter. Intention to spread personal fame provokes a person to use a circular letter.
(2) Social objective: The news of a section or group of people of society can also be reflected through a circular letter. Such a letter informs the whole nation and makes people conscious e, g, the socio-economic condition of tribal is published through circular letters and makes us familiar regarding their problems.
Information regarding business: Introduction of business and its expansion, the opening of new business, change of location of the business, change of name of an enterprise, inclusion of a new partner or death of a partner, making or canceling any contract, agency involvement, business merger, trademark or brand promotion, professing any news, the reason for nationalization or denationalization are the topics or subject matters addressed through the circular letter.
Raising demand for a product: The development of a new product and its promotion, price fixation, reason for price fluctuation, commission on a product, precaution regarding any product, supply, and discount of a product also can be the information of a circular letter.
L. Gartside Said; “The objective of a circular letter is to convince a reader to sale or purchase his desired product”.
J. H. Jains said that circular letter is used for five (5) reasons which are:
- Selling by post
- Report regarding the investigation of sales
- Following the investigation report
- Convincing people to come to the outlet
- Creation of goodwill.
Considerable Factors for drafting Circular Letter
A circular letter is addressed towards a huge number of people whose level of understanding may differ inters of experience, intelligence, and education. There are certain issues or factors which must be there to make such a letter communicative to the receivers. Those factors are general factors and mentioned below:
A. The letterhead should highlight the relevant information regarding the sender, which are: Name & Address
- Nature of business
- Contact number
- There should not be any inside address because it is addressed towards general people.
- Give the appropriate title to highlight the subject.
- The salutation should be simple with a courteous and decent tone.
- The structure or layout should be attractive and catchy.
- The unusual speech should be avoided rather than specific matters that should be laid down in an interesting way.
- “You attitude” should be the key point to be addressed to the receivers.
- Properly clarify the subject or topic with related advantages and merits.
- The language should be concrete and courteous.
- Complimentary close should be humble enough to convince the receivers.
- The writer’s name with designation should be stated clearly.
The situation that Requires Writing of Circular Letter
Circular letters are used to communicate various aspects or matters of business to a large number of people. There are various- situations when such a letter is required. The followings are common and significant situations:
- The emergence of any business
- The merger of two business entity
- Opening of a new branch
- New development or improvement of any product or service.
- Reduction in price or the big sale.
- Any change in any service or to state any inconvenience.
- Diversification of business activities.
- Change in the constitution of the firm.
- Admission, retirement, or death of a partner.
- Information regarding awards, prize or lucky coupon, etc.
Related Content of Letter Writing:
- Order Letter Sample And Order Confirmation Letter Sample
- Order Cancellation Letter Sample / Example / Format / Template
- Complaint Letter Definition and Meaning
- Collection Letter Definition and Meaning
- Importance of Collection Letter or Dunning Letter
- Adjustment Letter Definition and Meaning
- Factors to be considered in drafting Adjustment Letter
- How to Write a Complaint Letter Against a Goods or Service
- Status Inquiry Letter Sample for Effective Communication
- Order Refusal Letter Sample
- Letter of Credit Sample with its Definition
- Definition of Status Inquiry Letter
- Definition of Order Confirmation Letter and Order Letter
- Introduction Letter Sample with its Definition and Importance
- Difference Between Letter of Recommendation and Letter of Introduction
- Different Methods or Stages of Collection Letter
- Difference between Circular Letter and Business Circular Letter
- Difference Between Circular Letter and Advertisement
- Definition, Forms, and Content of Inquiry Letter
- Circular Letter Sample for Effective Business Promotion
- Promotion Letter sample with its Definition
- Recommendation Letter definition and Importance of Recommendation Letters
- How to Write a Recommendation Letter for Effective Result
- Definition of Order Cancellation Letter
- Adjustment letter sample, example, template, and format
- Complaint Letter Sample, example, template, and format
- Circular Letter Definition
- Characteristics and Features of Circular Letter
- Necessity or Importance of Circular Letter
- Letter of Resignation sample, template, example, and format
- Termination Letter Sample, example, template, and format
- Quotation Letter Sample / Format / Example / Template
- Dunning / Collection Letter Sample / Template / Example / Format