A letter that acknowledges the receipt of an order from the buyer is known to be an order confirmation letter. It is a letter that tells the buyer (Sender) that the order has not been lost, misplaced, or stolen and also indicates that proper steps are being taken to satisfy the buyer, sometimes if there is any delay for shipment according to order placed, the reason is also communicated to the buyer through such letter:
Order confirmation letter must express the seller’s pleasure and gratitude must appreciate the buyer’s interest in the goods and must be a medium of mentioning the favorable aspects of the goods, terms, and other services. Such a draft will create a psychological value upon the goods and services to be shipped.
Acknowledgment through-such letter provides a legal acceptance of all the points mentioned in the order. Hence, the order must be read carefully before accepting and acknowledging it.
Subject Matter of Order Confirmation Letter
According to L. Gartside, the following five (5) matters should be included by a seller in an order confirmation letter.
- A nice compliment for receiving the order
- Pleasure and gratitude for the favorable order
- Assurance for prompt and attentive effort towards execution of the order
- To raise attention for other catchy products.
- The desire for a future order.
Babenroth & Parkhurst have given emphasis on the following two points to be included in an order confirmation letter:
- Thanking the buyer for giving the order.
- Repetition of order to avoid confusion.
Furthermore, the following matters are also mentioned in the such letter:
- Shipment date of goods
- Transportation and packing
- Payment system.
Definition of Order Letter
The quotations are the ‘offer’ made by the seller and the order through a letter is the ‘acceptance’ of the offer.
This offer is the link that establishes a legal relationship between the seller and the buyer and therefore the buyer can purchase and the seller can sell goods or services.
Simply, a letter of order is an instruction from a buyer to a” seller to supply goods or services.
In a broad, sense, an order letter is a letter that carries messages to the seller requesting him to send the specified goods on stated terms and conditions agreed upon previously.
Such a letter includes product-related information like quantity, value, date of shipment, terms of sale, payment system, and others While drafting an order letter, the buyer must make the order in a clear, complete, and accurate way so that it may be correctly understood and promptly executed by the seller or producer.
Related Content of Letter Writing:
- Order Letter Sample And Order Confirmation Letter Sample
- Order Cancellation Letter Sample / Example / Format / Template
- Complaint Letter Definition and Meaning
- Collection Letter Definition and Meaning
- Importance of Collection Letter or Dunning Letter
- Adjustment Letter Definition and Meaning
- Factors to be considered in drafting Adjustment Letter
- How to Write a Complaint Letter Against a Goods or Service
- Status Inquiry Letter Sample for Effective Communication
- Order Refusal Letter Sample
- Letter of Credit Sample with its Definition
- The objective of Circular Letter and Factors for Drafting Circular Letter
- Definition of Status Inquiry Letter
- Introduction Letter Sample with its Definition and Importance
- Difference Between Letter of Recommendation and Letter of Introduction
- Different Methods or Stages of Collection Letter
- Difference between Circular Letter and Business Circular Letter
- Difference Between Circular Letter and Advertisement
- Definition, Forms, and Content of Inquiry Letter
- Circular Letter Sample for Effective Business Promotion
- Promotion Letter sample with its Definition
- Recommendation Letter definition and Importance of Recommendation Letters
- How to Write a Recommendation Letter for Effective Result
- Definition of Order Cancellation Letter
- Adjustment letter sample, example, template, and format
- Complaint Letter Sample, example, template, and format
- Circular Letter Definition
- Characteristics and Features of Circular Letter
- Necessity or Importance of Circular Letter
- Letter of Resignation sample, template, example, and format
- Termination Letter Sample, example, template, and format
- Quotation Letter Sample / Format / Example / Template
- Dunning / Collection Letter Sample / Template / Example / Format